Automation of the A services
What is it?
A mandatory programme for agency and member banks, i.e. all banks using Bacs, to automate Bacs messaging and return payments associated with:
- ADDACS - Automated Direct Debit Amendment and Cancellation Service
- AWACS - Advice of Wrong Accounts for Automated Credits Service
- AUDDIS returns - Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service
- ARUDD - Automated Return of Unpaid Direct Debits
- ARUCS - Automated Return of Unapplied Credit Service
Use of paper advices ceased with effect from 31 December 2009, with banks migrating to these automated services.