- In 2009, 7% of Direct Debit users said they had experienced a problem with a Direct Debit payment in the last 12 months
- Three quarters (75%) blamed the organisation collecting the payment
- 15% said they were less likely to pay by Direct Debit in the future as a result
- 48% of those blaming the organisation involved said they were more likely to switch supplier as a result of the experience
- Customers who have a Direct Debit related problem resolved straightaway are five times more positive about the experience than those whose problems remain unresolved
Direct Debit is your preferred method of collection but are you certain your customer services teams are fully up to date with their Direct Debit knowledge?
- Are they confident enough to discuss the difference between a Direct Debit and a standing order with a customer?
- Do they know how the Direct Debit Guarantee works, and can they explain its benefits to a customer who's not convinced that Direct Debit is the payment method for them?
- Do they know their ADDACS from their ARUDD?
Bacs offers a wide variety of materials and courses, to help organisations properly train their customer facing staff in all elements of our payment products, processes and procedures. From simple paper reference guides, to a suite of online training materials available either individually or as co-ordinated in-house programmes, through to accredited external training courses provided by recognised third party companies, the choice is diverse.
For full details of all Bacs e-learning content visit www.bacslearning.com or email email@example.com