What is a Bacs approved software supplier?
A Bacs approved software supplier is a software solutions developer and supplier providing software, hardware and consultancy services to Bacs customers to enable them to use the Bacs service. Their products and services are assessed by Bacs against a series of rigorous standards and criteria.
The key benefits of being a supplier of Bacs approved software:
- Bacs will involve you in plans for future software developments
- Your organisation will be featured as a supplier of Bacs approved software on the Bacs website
- You are permitted to display the appropriate Bacs approved software supplier logo on your published materials.
The Bacs approved software programme helps solution suppliers work to a set of business and technical standards to help develop their Bacstel-IP and / or Secure-IP interfaces.
Solution suppliers wishing to develop, promote and maintain Bacstel-IP and in the case of Faster Payments, Secure-IP software packages, are required to become Bacs approved software suppliers.
All software packages have to undergo mandatory testing with Bacs and some solution supplier staff will also be required to undertake appropriate training covering Bacs, Bacstel-IP and / or Secure-IP.
The Bacs Approved Software Service (BASS) tests software solution products to ensure they perform the following appropriately:
- Authentication of parties communicating with Bacstel-IP and / or Secure-IP (for Faster Payments)
- Authentication of the Bacstel-IP or Secure-IP services to connecting parties
- Secure communication (i.e. confidentiality and integrity) between Bacstel-IP and / or Secure-IP and the Bacs approved software
- Structural content and format of submissions and other communications to Bacstel-IP and / or Secure-IP (for Faster Payments)
- Structural content and format of Bacstel-IP / Secure-IP reports and their retrieval by Bacs approved software
- Error and warning handling within Bacstel-IP / Secure-IP and the format and content of error and warning responses issued to Bacs approved software
- Error and warning handling required in Bacs approved software
- Usage of Bacs trade marks in Bacs approved software.
Solution suppliers successfully achieving approval are permitted to display the appropriate Bacs approved software supplier logo.
Interested in becoming a Bacs software supplier?
The first stage of the approval process is to complete and return an application form.
Full business and technical specifications will then be supplied to help you in your development of the software packages. This will include provision of a sorting code directory.
Once approved, payment of an approval fee is required together with an ongoing annual maintenance fee.