The Bulk Payment Redirection Service (BPRS) is an innovative Bacs service offering an easy and cost-effective way to ensure payments continue to be received when a sort code and / or account
number is changed.
BPRS leverages the proven central redirection facility, developed for the flagship Current Account
Switch Service (CASS), which has already handled almost 4 million account switches across the UK.
The service represents a step-change in increasing the ease with which organisations too large to use CASS, such as local authorities, government departments and corporate Direct Debit service users can switch payment service provider (PSP), reducing stress, cost and improving efficiency.
Since its inception, BPRS has enjoyed numerous record breaking achievements, which can be found can be found in the Information Hub below or to the right of your screen.
The enhanced transmission service (ETS) and the SWIFTNet transmission service (STS), referred in the summary of achievements, are access channels to the following services: -
Input and output
- Bacs 3‐day service – payments and Direct Debit Instructions
- Cash ISA Transfer service
- Current Account Switch service.
- Bacs messaging services (ADDACS, AWACS and bank returned AUDDIS)
- The ETS channel is also used for sending data (“automated” files) to the BPRS (PSPs can submit files into the BPRS only after being set up as authorised PSPs in the BPRS).