‘Direct Debit Made Easy’ – a Bacs accredited course
SmartDebit, established in 1998, is a leading UK bureau providing secure automated and online payment services for businesses of all sizes.
Training for Direct Debit service users is key to understanding the Direct Debit Instructions and collection process in order to deliver a successful, well-planned service to payers.
When processing collections, service users will need to understand Bacs reports and processing cycles, for example lead times, and liaise confidently with payers in such matters as the Direct Debit Guarantee.
This course is suitable for participants who are:
- Setting up Direct Debits for the first time
- Responsible for operating a Direct Debit service
- Planning to become a paperless Direct Debit service user
- Experiencing high volumes of cancellations, indemnity claims or unpaids.
A comprehensive course will assist an efficient and timely collection service, reducing errors and increasing the collection success rate.
The course covers
The fundamentals of the Direct Debit Scheme
- Direct Debit Instruction and Direct Debit Guarantee
- The benefits and safeguards of Direct Debit
- The essentials of getting the Direct Debit Scheme to work well
- Becoming a Direct Debit service user
- Using ‘The Service User’s Guide and Rules to the Direct Debit Scheme’
- Payer payment service provider account validation
- Advance notice
- Re-presentation of unpaid Direct Debits
- Exit from the Scheme.
Bacs and how it relates to Direct Debit
- What is Bacs? – some facts
- What is Bacstel-IP?
- Bacs cycles
- The processing cycle
- The lodgement and collection cycle
- The unpaid cycle
- Understand and action Bacs reports
- AUDDIS – Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service
- ADDACS – Automated Direct Debit Amendment and Cancellation Service
- ARUDD – Automated Return of Unpaid Direct Debits
- DDIC - Direct Debit Indemnity Claim advice.
Dealing with indemnity claims
- Valid indemnity claims
- Valid counterclaims
- Invalid claims.
Transaction codes and reason codes
- Understanding and interpreting the codes
- Understanding the terminology and acronyms.
Paperless Direct Debit
- Sign-up methods
- Risks of paperless Direct Debit
- Mandatory requirements
- Post sign-up requirements.
All course materials are provided, including a certificate of attendance.
We have scheduled training days at regional venues, we can provide training at the participants’ site, or alternatively at our training suite in Bagshot.
For more information and to book a SmartDebit “Direct Debit Made Easy” Bacs accredited course, please call 01276 819268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website.