This organisation profile has been written by SmartDebit.
‘Direct Debit Made Easy’ – a Bacs accredited course
SmartDebit, established in 1998, is a leading UK bureau providing secure automated and online payment services for businesses of all sizes.
Training for Direct Debit service users is key to understanding the Direct Debit Instruction and collection process in order to deliver a successful, well-planned service to payers.
When processing collections, service users will need to understand Bacs reports and processing cycles, for example lead times, and liaise confidently with payers on such matters as the Direct Debit Guarantee.
Our accredited course is suitable for participants who are:
- Setting up Direct Debits for the first time
- Responsible for operating a Direct Debit service
- Planning to become a paperless Direct Debit service user
- Experiencing high volumes of cancellations, indemnity claims or unpaids.
A comprehensive course will assist an efficient and timely collection service, reducing errors and increasing the collection success rate.
We have a range of delivery options to suit your organisation’s needs. Training can be delivered on scheduled training days at regional venues, we can provide training at the participants’ site, or alternatively at our training suite in Surrey. We also offer training by webinar which offers benefits in flexibility and cost effectiveness.
SmartDebit training courses are delivered by specialist trainers who strive to ensure that the course delivery is varied, interactive and enjoyable. All course materials are provided, including a certificate of attendance.
For more information and to book a SmartDebit “Direct Debit Made Easy” Bacs accredited course, please call 01276 819268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website.
The ‘Direct Debit Made Easy’ course covers:
The fundamentals of the Direct Debit Scheme
- Direct Debit Instruction and Direct Debit Guarantee
- The benefits and safeguards of Direct Debit
- The essentials of getting the Direct Debit Scheme to work well
- Becoming a Direct Debit service user
- Using ‘The Service User’s Guide and Rules to the Direct Debit Scheme’
- Payer payment service provider account validation
- Advance notice
- Re-presentation of unpaid Direct Debits
- Exit from the Scheme.
Paperless Direct Debit
- Sign-up methods
- Risks of paperless Direct Debit
- Mandatory requirements
- Post sign-up requirements.
Bacs and how it relates to Direct Debit
- What is Bacs? – some facts
- What is Bacstel-IP?
- Bacs cycles
- The processing cycle
- The lodgement and collection cycle
- The unpaid cycle
- Understand and action Bacs reports
- AUDDIS – Automated Direct Debit Instruction Service
- ADDACS – Automated Direct Debit Amendment and Cancellation Service
- ARUDD – Automated Return of Unpaid Direct Debits
- DDIC - Direct Debit Indemnity Claim advice.
Transaction codes and reason codes
- Understanding and interpreting the codes
- Understanding the terminology and acronyms.
Dealing with indemnity claims
- Valid indemnity claims
- Valid challenges
- Invalid claims.
As well as our fully accredited course, SmartDebit offer a range of bitesize webinar options covering the following:
- Getting started with Direct Debit – including how to apply for sponsorship, becoming a service user, payer sign-up processes and payer protection
- Bacs reports made easy – including Bacs cycles, Bacs reports, transaction and reason codes
- Dealing with indemnity claims – including what information you need to support a challenge
- Changes to Bacs scheme rules 2017 to present – including storage and server security, electronic signature requirements and bulk changes.