Effective date: 26 April 2017 Bacs Payment Schemes Limited, 2 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YN ("Bacs", "we", "us", or "our") is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website (and any applications hosted therein) and the security of the information which website visitors provide once this Information is in the company's possession.
Before anyone submits information to this website (or on any Bacs smartphone application) they first must accept the insecure nature of the internet and the risk this may pose to the integrity of information they provide.
Upon receipt, Bacs will take precautions which accord with the applicable privacy laws and will take responsible precautions to ensure Personal Information in its possession is secure and not open to abuse.
Personal Information we collect
Personal Information is collected at several different points on this website with the informed consent of the visitor. The Information provided is used to improve the appropriateness of the information provided on the website, market research, and the provision of other services by the company, associated companies and other third parties.
Personal Information You Provide To Us: We or our service providers (acting on our behalf) may collect "Personal Information" (which is information that, on its own or when combined with other information, identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual) that you provide to us, such as your first and last name, email, telephone number(s), address or post code, service user number and any Usage Personal Information (explained below), such as IP address, to the extent that this allows you to be identified.
We will let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are requesting is compulsory or whether the information may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences of not providing the information.
Personal Information Collected Automatically: Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, we, as well as our third party service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (collectively, "Usage Personal Information"). Usage Personal Information may include:
- IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for the computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Site ("Device").
- Device type
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using
- Page(s) served, the time, and the preceding page views
- Event type (pages viewed/documents downloaded)
- Event date/time
- Page URL
- Downloaded item URL
- Email address
- Organisation type (access permissions)
- Organisation name
- Job title
- Bank name
- Service user number
- First name
- Last name
- Telephone number
- Date of form submission
How we use the Personal Information we collect
We use the information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes such as for our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent") and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"):
Personal Information You Provide To Us:
- To complete and fulfil any requests for products or services for Business Purposes and possibly Contractual, Legal Reasons and/or with your Consent
- To respond to your questions and requests for Business Purposes and possibly Contractual and/or with your Consent
- To communicate with you about changes to any Bacs policy for Business Purposes and possibly Contractual and/or with your Consent
- To send you email newsletters and notifications for Business Purposes and with your Consent (for details on how to opt-out at any time, see below)
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent
- To improve the Site for Business Purposes
- For market research, Site analytics and operations for Business Purposes
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate for Legal Reasons: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions for our Business Purposes and possibly Contractual; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our partners for Business Purposes; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our partners, you or others for our Business Purposes and possibly Contractual; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain for Legal reasons, for Business Purposes and/or for Contractual reasons
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
Personal Information Collected Automatically: This information helps us to, among other things, administer the Site, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyse trends, track users' web page movements, and to keep the Site fresh and interesting for you as well as comply with our legal obligations.
Sharing of the information
In general, Bacs shares aggregated information and statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns and related website information with the banking industry, partners, third parties, marketing agencies, suppliers and advertisers.
- Third Party Service Providers: We instruct other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include sending e-mail, managing training courses, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, hosting data, for tax and financial advice, for legal advice, accountancy or auditing services, website management and development and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of these functions on our behalf, we may share Personal Information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions
- Business Transfers: In the event that Bacs is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your Personal Information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction
By using the Site, or providing us with any Personal Information, you acknowledge you understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside. Where required under Applicable Law, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is only transferred once adequate safeguards are in place, such as EU Model Clauses, other adequacy mechanisms or derogations approved by the EU Commission or under your local law.
Requests for further information and customer satisfaction
Where you confirm you would like to receive further information or contact Bacs (for example, buy submitting your information through the contact forms on the website), Bacs, our associated companies, partner organisations and third parties will only contact you if you have opted in to receive information and further contact from the company or its representatives. Bacs may from time to time provide your details to Bacs customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that Bacs may monitor and improve the services it provides.
Accordingly, representatives of Bacs or those acting on its behalf may, from time to time, contact you and ask for comments on the services provided by Bacs. In addition, Bacs associated companies and third parties may contact you with information and products, services, updates and other issues the company believes may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time, following the steps described below in the "Your rights" section.
Access to Personal Information We Hold about You
In accordance with Applicable Law, you may have the right to access the Personal Information we Process about you. Please note that any request to access or obtain copies of your Personal Information must be made in writing (e.g., email or by post) and we may, depending on the Applicable Law, be entitled to charge a nominal fee to cover some of our administration costs. We may also ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to rectification
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the Personal Information we retain about you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to us. You have the ability to change certain information online (such as Title, First name, Last name, organisation name, your subscription preferences and bank through https://www.bacs.co.uk/Pages/EditUserDetails.aspx. We may from time to time send you an email update to remind you to tell us about any updates or changes to your Personal Information. You have the right to request that any inaccurate Personal Information held by or on behalf of us is corrected and any incomplete information is completed by contacting us at email@example.com.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we hold about you. If you would like us to erase the Personal Information that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to restrict Processing
You have the right to restrict us from Processing your Personal Information, by contacting us at email@example.com, where: (1) you believe that the Personal Information held by us about you is not accurate, until we can verify the accuracy of such Personal Information; (2) you believe that the Processing of your Personal Information is unlawful; (3) you believe that we no longer have any reason to Process your Personal Information, except for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or for complying with retention obligations e.g. under tax, commercial and employment law; and (4) you object to the Processing as described in in the paragraph below, unless and until we can establish that we have legitimate grounds to continue Processing your Personal Information.
Right to object to Processing
If you would like us to stop Processing your Personal Information, you can request this online here https://www.bacs.co.uk/Pages/Unsubscribe.aspx or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from a Marketing email you can either click on the unsubscribe link in the email or, send an email to email@example.com with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.
Right to Data Portability
You may have the right to receive your Personal Information in a format that would enable you to transmit such Personal Information to another company. You can request this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us by email or any of the forms on the Bacs website to request any other information, Bacs will use the email address you provide to send a reply. This will not be used to send you any other kind of marketing information or information about our company's services or partner organisations unless you request otherwise.
For information on how cookies are used on this website visit the cookie information page on this website.
Please note any calls you make to Bacs will be recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
Links to third party sites
Bacs accepts no liability for the privacy practices or content of websites that may be linked to this website. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the website.
Opt in policy
Bacs invites you to express positive preference and "opt in". By doing so you will receive information and contacts which the company believes may be of interest to you.
Notification of changes
If you have a complaint or concern about how we are Processing your Personal Information then we will endeavour to address such concern(s). However, if you would like to direct your complaint/concerns to a Data Protection Authority, the contact details for your local Data Protection Authority are as follows: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.